The Centre forms part of Slough Borough Council's broader lesiure strategy for the borough. The Council is investing considerably in improving and delivering additional leisure and community facilities for the town, promoting active lifestyles and addressing health issues in the local area.
The new Centre is expected to be complete in spring of 2019 and will be managed by the council’s leisure contractor, Everyone Active.
When complete, the building will include:
• 25m, eight lane, swimming pool
• 15m by 10m teaching pool with moveable floor
• unisex changing village (wet)
• poolside sauna and steam room
• four court sports hall
• 135 station gym
• three exercise studios
• male and female changing facilities (dry)
• treatment rooms